Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Take the time to read our Privacy Policy.

6 Pages«<456
castellan Offline
#101 Posted : Wednesday, 11 September 2019 8:26:58 AM(UTC)
castellan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Warren Turnbull Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wbute Go to Quoted Post
So have progressed any further from the single Statesman with 308 and M21?

If you go down the path of cars in different option combinations then remember that you could build nearly 2 million different HK Holdens (more like 3 Million by the time the Ute, Monaro and Brougham were released) and they only made 200,000 of them. So although there are many the same, there would be hundreds, if not thousands, of single build combination.

The most interesting known car that comes to mind is a HK Belmont sedan, only option was 4 speed. Story goes they replaced a Morris and the wife like the 4 on the floor in the Morris.

Good move as I hated them 3 sp on the tree crap, I would never of bought one new with 3 on the tree I am sure, if I was made to by a HQ Kingswood 202 it would be a 4sp.

I remember back in the days many a son had a dad that would not let him buy a V8, so, then I would of been looking at a VG 245 Pacer or 265 VH Pacer with 3 on the floor then for sure until they came out with the 4 sp. It's only a Wog chariot dad I know but it will have to make do for now eh. he may want to test drive it, so I would have to back the timing off say 16 deg or so I would think to get away with it then or maybe close the plug gaps up.
Back in them days many a dad would be used to Holden Grey motors performance and thought a 202 was a very good performing car.
HK1837 Offline
#102 Posted : Wednesday, 11 September 2019 9:08:25 AM(UTC)
HK1837

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Veteran

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 158 post(s)
In full hindsight, until Monaro was released the only manual HK you’d want would be an M15 optioned all synchro 3spd column shift. Later you could option a Saginaw 4spd in most 6cyl cars or you got it standard on a HK commercial if you ordered a 4spd. If you were a young fella and were going to fang it a bit especially if you modded it a bit you wouldn’t have wanted the standard M20 4spd. But you’d have been buying it new as I don’t think GMH made many passenger HK with 6cyl and M22, fair few commercials though.

If I could time jump I’d be going to somewhere like Southern Motors and getting them to order me a HK Kingswood Ute in Silver Mink with red trim, cloth inserts, bucket seats, 307 manual with 3.36 Salisbury, D70 tyres (which gets you 6” rims and GTS caps), radius rods, front discs and A/C. That would be real close to a 1/1 car. So would the same thing but with 186S (which of course would have a banjo).

Edited by user Wednesday, 11 September 2019 9:11:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#103 Posted : Wednesday, 11 September 2019 9:30:57 PM(UTC)
crowe

Australia

Rarest????
Well l was washing my VZ 6L SS Crewman the other day and this is my take-
Sedan, Wagons, Ute's, Coupes & Panel Vans, are not rare!!!!
We've had them all for years in different models.
Yes different colours, engines, transmissions & options etc etc I get that.
BUT a 4 door Ute??? And only MY06 got a 6 Litre. For a run of 16 months approx??? (No 6L cross 8)
Cross 8 & 6 Wagons & Crewman's, our 4x4 attempt on the market. That's a one off direction and attempt!!!
Yes we had 500 batches made for racing etc but were still a Sedan or Coupe.
So have a think and look forward to your feed back
Ta
CROWE

HK1837 Offline
#104 Posted : Wednesday, 11 September 2019 9:50:25 PM(UTC)
HK1837

There were 6.0L Cross8’s. I’ve seen at least two.
#105 Posted : Thursday, 12 September 2019 7:44:56 AM(UTC)
Dr Terry

Groups: Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Yes, plenty of Cross8 6.0 Crewmans. They were built up until August 2006.

Dr Terry
If at first you don't succeed, just call it Version 1.0
crowe Offline
#106 Posted : Thursday, 12 September 2019 9:35:51 PM(UTC)
crowe

Australia

Well didn't know that.
So a MY06 6L 4 door cross8 Ute. Now there's a rare batch of car.
So only a 8 month run!!
Dr Terry Offline
#107 Posted : Friday, 13 September 2019 7:52:02 AM(UTC)
Dr Terry

Groups: Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 73 post(s)
When it comes to rare later models, the VZ AWD are all a bit rare.

The VZ 5.7 V8 Crewmen was released in April 05 & ceased production in Dec 05, so like the 6.0 version only went for 8 months.

I believe the Cross6 One-Tonner to be even more rare, I only ever seen one ! Again they were only made from April to December 05 (8 months) but less popular than the Crewman V8 AWD.

I believe that the Cross6 Crewman was a much better seller. Much better fuel economy with the LY7 V6.

Dr Terry
If at first you don't succeed, just call it Version 1.0
HK1837 Offline
#108 Posted : Friday, 13 September 2019 8:07:29 AM(UTC)
HK1837

I wanted to buy a AWD tonner but bloody Holden got it wrong again and only offered it with a V6. Like the V6 crewman it was pretty useless as it could only tow 2100kg which is not quite enough to tow a car float with a Holden on it. The V8 Crewman and Cross8 were rated for 2500kg. I did look at a really low kM X6 tonner at one stage to buy a wrecked Adventra and put the V8 stuff in it, but I would have been stuck with the 2100kg towing as there was no V8 version for the Engineer to compare with. The V8 VZ 1-tonner was 2250kg towing which just fits for me and it is the same as my 2011 Hilux, but it is borderline for my trailer and a Monaro, have to make sure there is nothing in the car on the trailer, not even fuel.
#109 Posted : Friday, 13 September 2019 12:12:41 PM(UTC)
Shearer

Man

South Australian Police force took delivery of a small batch of VZ 6.0 litre Executives autos for Highway Patrol. A wolf in sheep’s clothing; complete with Exec hubcaps and a single non chrome exhaust tip. The only clue was the 6.0 litre badge on the lower front guards.

I’m not sure on the build numbers as each car classified has a difference build number.

Edited by user Friday, 13 September 2019 12:13:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wbute Offline
#110 Posted : Friday, 13 September 2019 1:22:52 PM(UTC)
wbute

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The topic was, which is the rarest Holden. The answer is there are possibly 100’s of single number cars built by Holden.
What is the most desirable single number Holden? Well that’s entirely up to the individual.
Effectively, it seems as soon as someone actually made the dealer order a car that wasn’t a stock order or a simple common order, it potentially could become a single number build car.