Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Take the time to read our Privacy Policy.

Loud Perth Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2020 2:58:45 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Groups: Registered
Australia

Can you make room for a PM from me please?
Loud Perth Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2020 1:46:31 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Australia

Forum "Email" sent.
gm5735 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2020 6:34:19 PM(UTC)
gm5735

Man

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Loud Perth Go to Quoted Post
Forum "Email" sent.

You're a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you Tiger?

Using my prodigious powers of deductive reasoning, I have a hunch that people are coming to realise that lending any assistance to
Adam LoudMouth from Perth is akin to doing Root Canal surgery on wide awake Brown snake with toothache.

(See what I did there Adam? Brown-snake)

2 users thanked gm5735 for this useful post.
Smitty2 on 6/10/2020(UTC), Warwick Yellow on 7/10/2020(UTC)
Loud Perth Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2020 6:49:25 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Australia

Originally Posted by: gm5735 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Loud Perth Go to Quoted Post
Forum "Email" sent.

You're a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you Tiger?

Using my prodigious powers of deductive reasoning, I have a hunch that people are coming to realise that lending any assistance to
Adam LoudMouth from Perth is akin to doing Root Canal surgery on wide awake Brown snake with toothache.

(See what I did there Adam? Brown-snake)

Hey mate.

I completely understand you being upset. I don't take it personally.

The reason for my persistence here is that the emails have now been verified. The silence you are witnessing is the sensible pause while people consider what to do, now that I have been proven correct.

I have to ask - what is it that I have said that has made you act this way to me? As in, could you please quote the actual thing that I wrote please? I'd like to explain it further so that you get my meaning and how it applies.

The truth supported by facts is the easiest way to resolve an argument, so long as everyone is prepared to listen.

Cheers for your time and consideration.
Loud Perth Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2020 9:28:44 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Australia

Here is a story.

Once upon a time there was a list. The list was called the Bobaro Register.

The Bobaros were a type of animal identified by sets of numbers that described the way they looked. It described their body type, their heart type, their colours, etc.

The Bobaro register was put together using information collected by many people who enjoyed looking out for Bobaros. It was like train spotting, but with animals. Definitely not cars, definitely animals.

The Bobaro was once a common animal, however certain types had always been comparatively rare. As time went by all of the animals got older, many died. A reproduction issue meant no more were born. It was very sad.

One day someone found out something spectacular - Bobaro parts could be transplanted on to other Bobaros.! It was an amazing discovery, everyone was excited and everyone was keen to try it.

There was a small problem. The rare, valuable Bobaros were now very sought after for their desirability. However some people were keen to copy those rare Bobaros by making their ordinary Bobaros look just like the real thing. They could even use the parts of the dead, genuine Bobaros - a Frankenstein-Bobaro, or Franken-baro as it was more commonly known.

The rarest of all the Bobaros was the Bobaro III II VII. Some particularly cunning people learned how to make Franken-baros that looked just like them.

And so everybody turned to the Bobaro Register to try and keep track of which was which.

People started to become very scared of which Bobaros were real ones and which Bobaros were Franken-baros. Inevitably, as with any people ruled by fear such as the Christians in Europe in the Middle Ages, somebody inevitably cried "WITCH!!!" and pointed at the person who took care of the Bobaro register.

The problem with being called a "Witch" by someone fearful enough of things like 'truth' and 'science' is that there is no way to defend yourself against being called a witch. You're kinda f*cked any which way.

And so the poor bloke had to surrender the Bobaro register to a person who hadn't been accused of being a "witch". This also is sad.

The new Bobaro Register owner made a pact with himself. "I will never release information about Bobaros to anyone, that way I will never be accuse of being a witch". It seemed pretty smart, especially when there were people in the world that weren't quite up to being able to keep themselves from yelling "Witch" whenever they didn't understand something. It became his, pretty sensible, principle.

The new fellow did his very best to help everyone with Bobaros as best he could, without revealing this information. He was well liked by all, for he is a likeable fellow who intended no harm to anyone. He was, and continues to be, a good person.

One day he got asked about a particular Bobaro. It was a dead Bobaro. People still liked dead Bobaros, particularly if they were the really rare Bobaroo III II VII as they were fondly remembered for being very fast.

This Bobaro was missing its wings - the tell tale sign of a III II VII. But the new Bobaro Register owner recognised it as being a III II VII Bobaro anyway, for he had been told about this very animal in great detail and knew of the legendary life it had once lived. So he declared it to be a genuine Bobaro III II VII, because he was very honest and a good person.

The animal was sold. The new owner was a snake-like fellow, and he slithered about being very snake like. But he was also very smart and able to comprehend things that the more fearful population could not. He was not fearful for he had fangs. Very sharp. People that knew him knew to be fearful of his fangs, however knew that he only used them for good. For he too, was a good person.

This snake fellow one day asked the new register owner "Hey, how do you know this is a Bobaro III II VII? Like it was told to me it was?"

The question troubled the Bobaro Register owner for it contradicted his principal - never give out information on Bobaros. For he still feared being called a Witch, being burned at the stake, and losing the Bobaro Register. For he had come to love it. And understandably so.

The Bobaro register fellow came up with as many reasons as he could while never identifying what he knew. For he was a good person, and knew the Snake Fellow was a good person, and wanted him to be happy.

However the Snake-Fellow wasn't happy. You see, he had paid for a real Bobaro III II VII and without the wings he could not prove to anyone that his Bobaro was not a Franken-Baro, as many people who used the word "witch" thought it might be. For they could not see the truth.

Now the Snake Fellow and the Bobaro Register fellow were on good terms. Many conversations were had. The Snake Fellow was exceptionally good at asking questions, knowing the Bobaro Register fellow would answer them truthfully and honestly - for he was a good person.

One day the Snake Fellow had asked just the right amount of questions and received just the right amount of answers.

He spoke to the Bobaro Register fellow and said "I have it!! You know this Bobaro is a Bobaro III II VII and not a Franken-Baro for you knew this animal while it was alive and have heard of its many tales and journeys!!"

This left the Bobaro Register fellow greatly troubled. He was now in grave danger from the fearful "Witch" yelling people that populated Bobaro communities. He did the only thing he could do to maintain both his principal and still be a good person.

He said nothing.

This left the Snake Fellow perplexed. He had a real Bobaro III II VII and no way of proving it. What could he do with it? How was it fair that the information existed, but was not being released to him?

He had another thought. "Wait a second!" he exclaimed. "How do we know those wings aren't on a Franken-Baro, being used to call that animal a real "Babaro III II VII" and earning everyone associated with that animal an awful lot of money?

For you see, that was a thing.

And now we had a situation where it was two good people with a difference of opinion. One was keen to uphold his principal, and keep from being called a Witch. And one was right. His ethics were right. His facts were right. And so he asked the "Witch" calling people if he was right.

And they HATED HIM with a passion for doing it, for they loved the Babaro Register man. He had helped them. Well, as much as his principals allowed. I mean, they had never realised he might know more than he told them.

The Snake man was not confused. He was well aware of how the "Witch" people acted, he had seen it throughout his life. It was what made him different. He had been called names and it never troubled him for he knew the truth. And he knew how to use it.

The Snake man went to one of the most trusted people in the land. He asked "Hey Doc, can you please listen to me and tell me if I'm crazy?". The Doc was very patient and kind, and also respected by all. He gave the Snake man the benefit of his time and an open mind. He reviewed everything that had been sent and came to a conclusion.

"You're right".

He stated he would ask the Bobaro Register man to reconsider the principal that had kept him from being called "Witch" for so long.

And that is where this story - again not about cars and only about animals - currently ends.

There are many more interesting tales about the Snake Man and the Babaro and the many issues he was confronted with in his early ownership. Some people got bitten, really, really hard. Some people took the time to understand him and how his skills and expertise could help them.

All that for the next episode. Thanks for reading.

PS No need to lock or hide this post as it obviously has nothing to do with my previous ones as it is about animals and not cars.
Loud Perth Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2020 5:43:07 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Australia

Hey HK1837.

The emails have been reviewed by Dr Terry and Warren Turnbull. I've offered those same emails to you but not heard back. What's happening please?

Will I be able to post my tag numbers once I've performed the necessary legal action to make HHS release them to me?