Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Take the time to read our Privacy Policy.

3 Pages<123
Loud Perth Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, 2 October 2020 12:54:53 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Groups: Registered
Australia

Originally Posted by: wbute Go to Quoted Post
I have one question, when you bought this car were you aware that missing tags significantly effected it’s identification and value?

I was aware the missing tags affected its value. However it had been identified as a genuine GTS '327' so no problems.

Originally Posted by: Devo Go to Quoted Post
It seems this started out one of two ways.
1. Went in guns blazing purchased the car unaware the missing plates would affect bc the value this much. A fact that has been highlighted since purchase.

2.you are well aware of the legal world and you saw an opportunity. Unlikely but possible.

Probably a combination of 1 and 2

I'm very interested in this as I was recently ripped by a motor dealer and I'm currently claiming through the motor dealers fund.

My case largely relies on what I was aware of at the time of purchase.

Consider how many months I have spent on this research. Do I strike you as a guns blazing sort of fellow?
Loud Perth Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, 2 October 2020 1:06:24 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Australia

Hello @gm5735

I'm sorry you did not find my Liam Neeson line funny - I put it in to see who was paying attention.

Would you care to elaborate on how Ben was able to identify the car as a genuine GTS '327' from the two photos?

Perhaps someone would like to independently verify the emails I have referred to?

Edited by user Friday, 2 October 2020 1:08:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Devo Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, 2 October 2020 1:26:31 PM(UTC)
Devo

I'm talking about the guns blazing purchase. The detailed research maybe should have been done prior to auction day thats all.
Loud Perth Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, 2 October 2020 1:38:11 PM(UTC)
Loud Perth

Australia

Originally Posted by: Devo Go to Quoted Post
I'm talking about the guns blazing purchase. The detailed research maybe should have been done prior to auction day thats all.

Happy to elaborate:

By "detailed research" do you mean regarding Australian Consumer Law as it relates to the advertisement of a genuine item?

I also inspected the vehicle myself to make sure it had the physical traits of a GTS '327'.

No guns blazing. Not my style.
Warwick Yellow Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, 2 October 2020 5:19:46 PM(UTC)
Warwick Yellow

So Loud Perth,
Now we know how come you have this name.
Your investigations are impressive to say the least but you will never get away from the fact that your car will aways be
"Oh, that's the car that had no tags". And with a value to match.
You knowingly took a very considered and risky gamble. I don't think its going to pay off.
I saw that car coming up for sale and looked at it and figured no way, its all risk and the car is junk.

gm5735 has nailed you to the wall. You are stuck.

You also made a big mistake in slighting Ben Stewart - he is one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet or know.
He has a lot of friends on this blog. You don't, especially now.

Who would want to help you now ? You write and write and threaten and critic all the people on this blog, and there are some very knowledgeable persons on here that could help you easy peasy but you have a bad attitude and way about you.

The irony of all your writings is that we all now know about the car and its owner and trust me, you are both poison now.
Any with a value to match.
Well done Loud.
kevrev Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, 2 October 2020 6:58:36 PM(UTC)
kevrev

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Warwick Yellow Go to Quoted Post
So Loud Perth,
Now we know how come you have this name.
Your investigations are impressive to say the least but you will never get away from the fact that your car will aways be
"Oh, that's the car that had no tags". And with a value to match.
You knowingly took a very considered and risky gamble. I don't think its going to pay off.
I saw that car coming up for sale and looked at it and figured no way, its all risk and the car is junk.

gm5735 has nailed you to the wall. You are stuck.

You also made a big mistake in slighting Ben Stewart - he is one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet or know.
He has a lot of friends on this blog. You don't, especially now.

Who would want to help you now ? You write and write and threaten and critic all the people on this blog, and there are some very knowledgeable persons on here that could help you easy peasy but you have a bad attitude and way about you.

The irony of all your writings is that we all now know about the car and its owner and trust me, you are both poison now.
Any with a value to match.
Well done Loud.

I fully concur with Warwick Yellow's observations.

Ben Stewart is one of natures true gentlemen, who has helped myself and hundreds of other Monaro enthusiasts over the years.
He willingly shares his valuable and unparalleled knowledge of the early Monaro's, usually without any financial gain.
This is the wrong forum to be criticizing Ben, you might be better off playing in the shallow pool of Facebook
HK1837 Offline
#47 Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2020 11:09:45 AM(UTC)
HK1837

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Veteran

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 217 post(s)
This thread locked to protect anyone and everyone involved from themselves and others, including protecting the forum. Duplicate thread moved from public view for now until reported action completed: "Copies are currently being verified by independent, respected people".

Any duplicate topics will most likely also get moved.

Edited by user Saturday, 3 October 2020 11:10:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified