Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Take the time to read our Privacy Policy.

27 Pages«<252627
the eh Offline
#521 Posted : Monday, 8 June 2020 6:25:17 PM(UTC)
the eh

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Finished the alternator and power steering point mounts. Basic cutting of the plates all sorted. Once it all comes apart for paint and plating I will true everything up in the mill and mill some nice nice detail into them. I ended up using a BA Falcon 6cyl belt tensioner simply because it works and I already have it here. All I need to sort now is the water pump front plate which will also serve as a mount for the serpentine belt idler pulley. Next job is to start on the extractors.

the eh Offline
#522 Posted : Saturday, 27 June 2020 6:44:30 PM(UTC)
the eh

Clutch fluid reservoir sorted. I used an aftermarket VT reservoir and modified it. Now the fluid outlet is now also the mount. It will be a short run from the reservoir to the master cylinder with some brake fluid resistant hose.

I also located the collectors for the extractors. There is so much room with a relatively manual box compared to the 4L60 and even Trimatic. I just need to build the extractors now. Hopefully not too many flange joints to enable them to be removed with everything in place

the eh Offline
#523 Posted : Wednesday, 1 July 2020 7:49:06 PM(UTC)
the eh

I couldn't be bothered cutting, grinding and welding so I turned to sparks of a different type. I dragged out all the major electrical components that need to be located under the dash. Not a lot in this car so wiring will be relatively straight forward.

Stock switches back in place ready for some basic wiring

Accelerator and cruise control cables run through the firewall

Cruise control module mounted under the dash and cable run through the firewall.

Relay block, fuse block, Dash controller and water pump/fan controller.

the eh Offline
#524 Posted : Saturday, 4 July 2020 6:51:54 PM(UTC)
the eh

A bit more work on the steering column A 3" to 2" steam pipe reducer will form the bottom of the column and allow the lower uni joint to be higher and give better alignment of the intermediate shaft to the rack. At the other end I needed to do a heap of machining to get the steering wheel boss which suits the Commodore steering shaft to clear the EH indicator switch. It will need a transition piece machined and pressed to it so it doesn't look out of place and gives a nice transition from the boss to the column.

I also managed to find a clutch slave cylinder that is correct. Every catalogue lists it as being the same as V6. It is different. The 6cyl version is the black one in the pics and the bleeder valve is almost inaccessible.

Finally got a chance to put some wheels under the wagon body and take some measurements. I now need to work out a finished diff width.