Notification

Icon
Error

Login


Take the time to read our Privacy Policy.

Mr Shane Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2026 1:50:22 PM(UTC)
Mr Shane

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/10/2026(UTC)
Posts: 2
Australia
Location: Australia

Thanks: 1 times
Hello Forum.

This is my very first thread here, so please talk to me if you think it ought to be moved to another subforum. I had a search through three(3) pages on VY2 nomenclature and only found one nineteen year old thread by HK1837 here.

Seems like it might be in the cryogenic zone because there was no reply icon, so I thought it reasonable to start a new thread to ask my question. I have a 1024x768 web-friendly .JPG of the front ready to attach, but can't find the attachment icon, so I'll have to paint a thousand words on it.

It's a 2003 VY2 Crewman Cross-8, and the dullard who had it before I saved it ripped the chrome-plated plastic lion badge off the OEM grille and glued a gold plastic bowtie in its place. LEAVING THE BASE OF THE HOLDEN LION UNDERNEATH FOR ALL THE WORLD TO PITY.

First hint is that the standard non-Crewman VY had what that same abovementioned dullard called 'teardrops' along the bottom edge of the headlight housings, but my VY2 does not. Apparently, he said it was the VZ headlight and I believe him.

Second hint is that the VY grille badge is 95mm in diameter, according to several websites. My grille base is yearning for a grille badge 110mm in diameter.

What would really go ahead and make my day would be if someone out there has a VZ and the kindness to go outside and measure the diameter of the VZ lion grille badge. If it comes to 110mm, then all my wishes might come true.

Otherwise, I have noticed a fair share of historians around here, with very encyclopaedic accounts of letters and numbers, so maybe there is someone who can just tell me off the top of his or her head what the model name of the VY2 Crewman Cross-8 grille and grille badge might be, please?

It is so ugly to see without the chrome, you will be doing the World a favour as a Good Australian.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2026, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.044 seconds.